The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

New ST-120 Custom Build

Demonkleaner
    Demonkleaner

New ST-120 Custom Build Empty New ST-120 Custom Build

Post by Demonkleaner Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:01 pm

Here are a few photos of a custom build I just completed

New ST-120 Custom Build MN_Custom_ST120

New ST-120 Custom Build Photo_rear

New ST-120 Custom Build Photo_interior

New ST-120 Custom Build Photo_top

Here's a brief overview of the major mods I performed:

1. Moved VTA Driver board to the top of the chassis. It's mounted on computer motherboard stand-offs.
    This made room for the digital bias voltage meters and made some room for the (heat shrink applied) Russian
    PIO caps mounted on top of the board.

2. Deleted the front sockets and added 0-10V blue digital meters with a SPDT switch for each channel to
    set the bias voltage on both front and rear KT-88's.

3. Installed shielding on most AC and filament twisted pairs. I did this with copper braided shielding
    from coax cable. Heat shrink tubing on one end of the wires and a heat shrink solder sleeve (with a small
    grounding wire inserted) on the other end.

4. Installed a mini DPDT swith in the rear to switch output impedance from 4 to 8 ohms easily.

5. Installed a modular power socket in the rear with integral fuse holder. Will use any computer power cable now.

6. Applied oak veneer to front and rear panels with oak sides. (first photo taken before sides were put on)

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:25 pm