The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Dynaco PM-3 panel mount kit - photos ..

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Dynaco PM-3 panel mount kit - photos .. Empty Dynaco PM-3 panel mount kit - photos ..

Post by Bob Latino Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:18 am

I had someone Email me about mounting a PAS-3 in a custom wooden cabinet with just the front face of the PAS-3 showing. Dynaco actually had a "PM-3 panel mount kit" that they sold for doing just this. It had an oversized face plate, two brackets and some associated hardware. The oversized face plate is now "unobtanium" but I have seen PAS-3's mounted in cabinets with the original PAS-3 faceplate. The only caveat I can see here if you do something like this, is to provide adequate ventilation for your PAS-3. As a side note Dynaco also had a "PM-4" panel mount kit for the FM-3 tuner. See below for the spec sheet and instructions on the PM-3 panel mount kit.

Bob

Dynaco PM-3 panel mount kit - photos .. PM_3panelmount

Dynaco PM-3 panel mount kit - photos .. PM_3panelmountpage1
    GP49

Dynaco PM-3 panel mount kit - photos .. Empty Re: Dynaco PM-3 panel mount kit - photos ..

Post by GP49 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:27 am

I've done this with a PAS-3 and homebrew brackets. Can't do it with a PAS-2 or -2x (or FM-1) because their front plates do not overlap the chassis and top cover, and that overlap is required in this type installation. The brackets can be cut from sheet metal purchased at Lowe's, which also carries the hardware required, or obtained as scraps from a heating/air-conditioning contractor who uses galvanized sheet metal to make air ducts and plenums. They can be bent up to shape using a bench vise and don't have to be as strong or rigid as one might think, because the front panel supports the PAS against sagging.

The PAS in stock form does not need ventilation (Dynaco says so, see the instructions).

An FM-3 DEFINITELY needs ventilation.
    Luddite
    Luddite

Dynaco PM-3 panel mount kit - photos .. Empty Re: Dynaco PM-3 panel mount kit - photos ..

Post by Luddite Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:36 am

FYI: I just found this PBK bracket (only) kit which is currently on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Dynaco-Dynakit-PBK-Panel-Bracket-Mounting-Kit-/221045583716?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item337757ef64

Best Regards,
    Charlie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:29 pm