The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+8
daveshel
Dale Stevens
tbirdblues
nerpissad
quadaptor
sKiZo
GP49
poconoman
12 posters

Four speakers to ST70

tbirdblues

Four speakers to ST70  - Page 2 Empty Anyone in the neighborhood of 06784 - Connecticut to wire in the 4 to 8 ohm switch in a 120 amp?

Post by tbirdblues Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:39 pm

I'd like to replace the dummy stereo/mono switch in my 120 to switch between 4 and 8 ohm use. I was fortunate to purchase a wired unit and don't want to foul it up although it looks so easy. Is there anyone known to be good in the Northern Fairfield County area of CT that someone would recommend?
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Four speakers to ST70  - Page 2 Empty Re: Four speakers to ST70

Post by Bob Latino Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:08 pm

tbirdblues wrote:I'd like to replace the dummy stereo/mono switch in my 120 to switch between 4 and 8 ohm use. I was fortunate to purchase a wired unit and don't want to foul it up although it looks so easy.  Is there anyone known to be good in the Northern Fairfield County area of CT that someone would recommend?

The dummy switch on the VTA ST-120 is a SPST switch like the on/off switch and cannot be used to switch between two impedances on two channels. What you need is a DPDT slide switch. What you do is wire the CENTER terminal of the switch on both sides of the switch to the red binding post for each channel. The top and bottom terminal of the switch on each side would be wired - one to the BROWN 4 ohm wire and the other ORANGE 8 ohm wire.

The switch at the link below would work fine ..

Radio Shack DPDT slide switch

Bob
    MarcVBelgium
    MarcVBelgium

Four speakers to ST70  - Page 2 Empty four-speakers-to-st70

Post by MarcVBelgium Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:12 am

nerpissad wrote:I'm not in need of a center channel myself either Wink I was just asking because I was only able to find one QD-1 II L on ebay in germany.  
    but I much prefer the way the original quadaptor looks, so I'll keep looking...  

@nerpissad : I have an Original quadaptor that I do not use.. If you like one, I'm no further away then Antwerpen. If you want it, PM me.

Marc

Sponsored content

Four speakers to ST70  - Page 2 Empty Re: Four speakers to ST70

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:26 am