The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

5 posters

Is there such a place as this for solid-state Dynaco models?

sweetbeats

Is there such a place as this for solid-state Dynaco models? Empty Is there such a place as this for solid-state Dynaco models?

Post by sweetbeats Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:07 am

Greetings everybody...sorry if this is valve sacrilege, but I'm wondering if there is a forum like this for solid-state Dynaco products?

I did a precursory search, but was unsuccessful...thought somebody here might know the definitive answer.

The reason I ask is I have a model 416 NOS unassembled kit, but it is incomplete. I had aspirations of putting it together but I think there is too much missing to make it a success...its about 75% there. I'd like to be direct in seeing the bits get into the hands of Dynaco enthusiasts out "there" that might benefit from the parts or have an interest in them.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Is there such a place as this for solid-state Dynaco models? Empty Re: Is there such a place as this for solid-state Dynaco models?

Post by Roy Mottram Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:52 am

a ten second google comes up with this page:
    http://www.updatemydynaco.com/Stereo400.html
    which links to this page:
    http://www.updatemydynaco.com/index.php
    they have some excellent products
    sweetbeats

Is there such a place as this for solid-state Dynaco models? Empty Re: Is there such a place as this for solid-state Dynaco models?

Post by sweetbeats Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:58 am

Thank you. Unfortunately those links offer almost nothing about the Stereo 416, nor a link to any user group associated with their solid-state models, the 416 in particular.
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:14 pm

Roy has the complete assembly manual posted at his website ...

http://www.tubes4hifi.com/ST-416.pdf

Should tell you what you're missing anyway.

If you're dead set on dealing it, there's always that auction site, and a lot of forums (including this one) allow sell posts.
    sweetbeats

Post by sweetbeats Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:25 pm

I have all the original documentation. Its a shame. Everything is in great shape, but the pots are missing, all the metering components, and one of the board assemblies as well as the faceplate and some other structural components.

Thanks for the info.
    daveshel
    daveshel

Post by daveshel Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:30 pm

You have PM.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Last edited by PeterCapo on Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Post by Roy Mottram Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:23 pm

the 416 is just a variation of the 400 model, so I thought that link would be helpful to you.
    As someone else mentioned, I have the 416 manual here:
    http://www.tubes4hifi.com/ST-416.pdf
    DynakitParts
    DynakitParts

Is there such a place as this for solid-state Dynaco models? Empty Dynaco 416 parts

Post by DynakitParts Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:35 am

Hi,
    Gentleman by the name of Roy (not a member) located in California has a vast array of Dynaco solid state NOS parts....Including faceplates etc. for the Dynaco model 400, 416 etc.

His email: woodyzline@hotmail.com

Kevin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:09 am