The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Franken ST-70

MEDacko
    MEDacko

Franken ST-70 Empty Franken ST-70

Post by MEDacko Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:22 pm

I have been dorking around for a while with tube amps, I have a few custom builds which I enjoy.  Last week my GF decided she wanted her own, without warning bought a modified ST-70 that required a bit of work.  I don't know who did the work or what they were trying to accomplish all I know is all four 330 V 800 mf  caps were blown up and 2 of the 150K 2W resistors on the left channel are toast. Under the chassis it appears to be signed by sombody named "Waddle" it's hard to read so I may not have that right.   I have no problem doing the work myself but before I dig in to it if anybody here knows of this configureation or has info on the mod I would greatly appreciate it.

Apperently new members can not post links to pictures for 7 days, please PM me and I will be happy to share pics

Thanks in advance
    MEDacko
    MEDacko

Franken ST-70 Empty Re: Franken ST-70

Post by MEDacko Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:48 pm

Franken ST-70 39Z2D_tjOJ

updated with a pic

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:26 am