The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+3
audiobill
Bob Latino
deepee99
7 posters

I'm done doing business with TMadden, MontanaWay and Tyler Acoustics & Bob

GlacierJohn

I'm done doing business with TMadden, MontanaWay and Tyler Acoustics & Bob - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm done doing business with TMadden, MontanaWay and Tyler Acoustics & Bob

Post by GlacierJohn Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:52 pm

Tube Nube wrote:I should have it the Maule back from Incident #2 this week end -- I'm looking for some companionship for my first flight or two, preferably an instructor with Maule Time.

Dog ate, or hid my passport. Once recovered or replaced, you can count on my dropping in -- looks like about a 2 hour hop (plus however much quality time with Border authorities:  search and seizure, etc).

You guys are my kind of guys, 'm a tail dragger pilot too, learned in a 54 Cessna 170B, I have dogs and I'm a big stereo nut. I happen to live halfway between Calgary and Boise, in Kalispell MT. You guys don't happen to fly fish too do you? I'm also working with Holgeron a couple custom MK IIIs.
    Tube Nube
    Tube Nube

I'm done doing business with TMadden, MontanaWay and Tyler Acoustics & Bob - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm done doing business with TMadden, MontanaWay and Tyler Acoustics & Bob

Post by Tube Nube Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:10 pm

John,

Nice to meet you here on the forum!

I haven't done any fly fishing, but I'm open to the idea. I better get searching for, or busy replacing my passport if I'm ever going to meet up with you other Dyno-philes who live so close by.

I think you're going to love those MK III's by the way. I was torn between those and the 125's, but at the moment it's the 125's I plan to get -- one day, when the economy or my smouldering Visa card recovers.
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:32 pm

GlacierJohn wrote:
    Tube Nube wrote:I should have it the Maule back from Incident #2 this week end -- I'm looking for some companionship for my first flight or two, preferably an instructor with Maule Time.

Dog ate, or hid my passport. Once recovered or replaced, you can count on my dropping in -- looks like about a 2 hour hop (plus however much quality time with Border authorities:  search and seizure, etc).

You guys are my kind of guys, 'm a tail dragger pilot too, learned in a 54 Cessna 170B, I have dogs and I'm a big stereo nut. I happen to live halfway between Calgary and Boise, in Kalispell MT. You guys don't happen to fly fish too do you? I'm also working with Holgeron a couple custom MK IIIs.

John,
    Can't go wrong with Holger. He does fine work. I've never heard the Citations first-hand but a lot of guys swear by them.
    I have a pair of Holger's Big Boppers built up from parts scavenged from my original kit-built M-125s.
    I believe Holger gets a fly wet from time to time, as do I, and my Better Half is an inveterate fly-fisher and fly-tier, even has her own Fly Of The Month Club a few celebs (mostly authors) subscribe to.
    My tail-dragger time is limited to a few hours in my late father's company's C-180. Every time somebody brings up a ground loop issue on this forum all I can think about is the first time I landed that thing -- and the time we put 'er down in Flagstaff in three feet of snow. The bent prop is in storage.

deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:16 pm

neali wrote:
    deepee99 wrote:
    MontanaWay wrote:
    deepee99 wrote:I'm just joshin' you guys.
    I put the whole smash, Tylers and all, out on the sidewalk so the local crack-heads can steal same and save me hauling costs. The Bose wave radio arrives on Tuesday.

hey...i got my money for the BB's....do as you please!!!!! What a Face Twisted Evil bounce

Gee, and I was going to ship them back to you, freight collect. Gotta make room for that Bose.
    On a cereal note, anybody know the whereabouts of some decent 6SN7s?

Bob Dobush at find a tube has good prices. NOS 6SN7's $12 and used testing good $4.
    That Bose radio is going to sound awesome with fresh tubes. Laughing

http://www.findatube.com/

Thanks, Neili. Will check him out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:36 pm