The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

couple of questions re. a mk II dynaco

Chris Scott

couple of questions re. a mk II dynaco Empty couple of questions re. a mk II dynaco

Post by Chris Scott Tue May 09, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi everyone, brand-new guy here....I have a pr. of MK II units here that I'm reconditioning for a friend. I'm not very good with the tech aspect of these things (assembled and worked on a few guitar tube amps) so go easy on me please Laughing ...just a few questions;

First, is re. the selenium rectifiers - will an N4007 diode be sufficient for this as a replacement? - I read here that "any diode will work", but just want to make certain.

Next is the 12 ohm bias resistor - will 1/2 watt flameproof be sufficient as well? - I wasn't able to find any precision resistors in this value so I plan to just connect up a 10 and a 2.5 ohm in series - no issues with this?

And lastly, they came to me in poor physical condition, but in (allegedly) working order, and have had the original common/8/16 speaker terminals replaced with a simple +/- pr. of screw terminals. I'm wondering if someone can supply me with a simple diagram re. how this part should be wired up, just to confirm that how it's currently wired is correct?

Thanks in advance!
    GP49

couple of questions re. a mk II dynaco Empty Re: couple of questions re. a mk II dynaco

Post by GP49 Wed May 10, 2017 1:22 am

You need to post this in the BASKET of the forum where such discussions are visited by the membership. You posted your question in the Dynaco Photos section.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:43 am