The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

PAS 2 Power supply

Kinski

PAS 2 Power supply Empty PAS 2 Power supply

Post by Kinski Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi,

I'd like to replace the stock can cap my PAS 2 has. Is there a benefit to the higher value caps of the any power supply boards sold? My original can cap is 20/20/20/20.

PAS 2 Power supply Empty Re: PAS 2 Power supply

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:47 pm

are you having any particular issues with your current multi cap?
    There are a number of 'non multi cap' power supply upgrades available.
    If you are interested, 'pm' me.
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:39 am

Kinski wrote:Hi,

I'd like to replace the stock can cap my PAS 2 has. Is there a benefit to the higher value caps of the any power supply boards sold? My original can cap is 20/20/20/20.

There are any number of after-market power-supply boards, some regulated, some not. A few of them will allow you to bypass the 12X4, which is a very good thing as it reduces the load on the OEM transformer.

Some of them give you a second filament transformer as well, allowing you to keep the 12X4. But, on another thread we are discussing such a board that may have failed for reasons as-yet unknown.

I am using a board on my "second" PAS-3X that does remove the 12X4 from the circuit - and some months down the line it is still working very nicely. It took about an hour to assemble and install.

Prices can vary from ~$50 to ~$200.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:19 pm