The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

New M-125 build

AmpedUp
    AmpedUp

New M-125 build Empty New M-125 build

Post by AmpedUp Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:52 pm

I just wanted to say thank you to all the "posters" that shared their experiences and advice on this forum.  After much research I purchased and built a pair of M-125.  I also purchased a Don Sachs preamp-yes the one based off Roy's SP14.  Don already had plans to build with all the upgrades that I would have done if I built it myself.  I am very happy with the sound of my new system.  I have a Magnolia center near my house that sells McIntosh equipment with the same Martin Logan speakers that I have.  I like the sound of my system better and at 1/3 the price and the fun of building some of it myself.

Special thanks go out to those that have a part in giving me their support and access to this equipment: Bob, Roy, Don, Holger, Pavel.  Holger and Pavel are a team behind the Auto-bias boards.  I highly recommend them. They work flawlessly.

Everyone has their own story and their own appreciation for their system. I will only add that my music system is fed by only one input connect to my PC running Roon. I don't see Roon talked about much on this forum, but this is another recommendation from me. Once you see how it works you'll realize that you might be missing a piece of the listening experience that is worth getting yourself especially if you stream or used iTunes in the past or present.

I'll try to pay back your advice by posting my own experiences and advice in future posts. Cheers...

smoorenc likes this post

AmpedUp
    AmpedUp

New M-125 build Empty Re: New M-125 build

Post by AmpedUp Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:39 am

I had to wait the week to post my pics.  Below is the link.  I used a timed exposure to get the maximum light of the tubes in their glowing glory.  The blue LEDs from the auto-bias boards don't really show unless you look inside the case vents.  My bench is nothing but amps on the top.  The Don Sachs preamp based off the SP14 is showing its glory also.  The Marantz is used only for movies.  It has its own speakers - all Martin Logan also.  For my music, I only use the electrostats and the large Martin Logan sub woofer.  I find myself listening to more live recording since I installed my VTA amps.  You can hear every guitar string and piano chord.  Horns sound like they are in the room.  Heck you can hear every audience member that talks during the performance.

All of my music is fed into the preamp from my PC through my Roon account.  So simple and sounds great.  These VTA tube amps with the Electrostatic speakers are just unbelievable !

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vAScL5WlcrP9Cg0lJ9-k4WgPYpnLNRSt?usp=sharing

smoorenc likes this post

AmpedUp
    AmpedUp

Post by AmpedUp Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:45 am

I forgot to add... one of the best things is that all of this equipment is in front of my fireplace. If I want to warm the room up now - no fireplace, so I just have to turn the music up louder to get more heat from the tubes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:35 pm