The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

ST70 input spacing

colebearanimals

ST70 input spacing Empty ST70 input spacing

Post by colebearanimals Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Hi All, Just bought a st70. Nice sounding amp.Question. Is there an adapter for the RCA inputs that will allow me to use higher grade interconnects? I want to keep this amp all original and would rather not modify. Thanks, Paul
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

ST70 input spacing Empty RCA input spacing

Post by Bob Latino Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:28 pm

Paul,

The input spacing on a stock ST-70 is only 7/16" of an inch and is really close especially if you have modern thicker interconnects. The input spacing on most of the replacement input jacks is about 1/16 of an inch further apart (1/2 inch). The extra 1/16 of an inch doesn't seem like much but it makes a big difference. The older input jacks are cheap aluminum and get hazy and some lose contact after a while causing a host of problems. There is a fellow on Ebay who sells replacement gold plated jacks for the ST-70 at the link below. I have used these a few times and they are of very good quality.

Bob

Link to ST-70 gold plated input jacks on Ebay
    rwferr

ST70 input spacing Empty Re: ST70 input spacing

Post by rwferr Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:19 pm

I had the same problem with mine. I have one of the new amps with the gold plated inputs and even with the wider spacing I had trouble. I found a person on ebay who sells a lot of custom made cables. I have no connection to him other than being a customer. He advertises a lot of stuff on ebay but he is a retired electrical engineer and will make you up whatever you want. I orginally bought one of his silver interconnects but the rcas would not fit the amp. I wrote him and he took them right back and remade them at no charge. He has nice gold plated RCAs that do fit with the increased spacing of the gold plated inputs they barely fit but they fit. I also bought his speaker cables as well and have been extremely happy with both the interconnects and speaker cables. If you email him he will make you up whatever you want.

http://myworld.ebay.com/heels-6

Sponsored content

ST70 input spacing Empty Re: ST70 input spacing

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:55 pm