The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

New (Old) Guy

mwagn_1

New (Old) Guy Empty New (Old) Guy

Post by mwagn_1 Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:00 pm

I am pleased to announce that I am now in possession of my Father's original Dynaco ST 70 and PAS3X. Just got home Saturday from a visit with my brother and he dug these with a couple other goodies out of the attic of the barn in his back yard in Ohio. I did some research & spoke with my son who also is a Old school stereo nut and dropped both units off at a
    Shop in Tampa that was recommended. Will know more about their condition and cost to restore them to like new operational condition in a week or so. So far all I could see is that the selenium rectifiers were leaking and 1 tube in the amp appears to be blown. I have foggy rememberance of Dad sitting out in the garage late @ night listening to the radio and soldering on these electronics. I remember well how impressed I was with the final product when I "borrowed" the stereo console without permission & cranked up some Led Zep or Doors in the living room. I thought these pieces of equipment were long gone. I will be thrilled to put them back into service. bounce bounce bounce

Bob Latino, aguaazul, Donspokane, Dave_in_Va, mijohn, 10-E-C, jwb474 and Tubes4ever like this post

Dale Stevens

New (Old) Guy Empty Re: New (Old) Guy

Post by Dale Stevens Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:04 pm

Welcome and PERFECT ! Let us know when you get all back; and what's your speakers? Dale
    mwagn_1

Post by mwagn_1 Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:02 pm

I have a couple of possibilities; I have my Dad's EV Aristocrat speakers that he also built from plans using EV SP 12B 12" Coax Drivers - they work fine I have them hooked up to an old Pioneer receiver in my Garage now. They are what Dad had hooked up to the Dynaco equipment back in the 60's - 70's. I also have a pair of JBL S312 3 way towers with 12" woofers that I had the surrounds replaced on. They also are hooked up and have always sounded great to me. I have a Technics SL1300 TT that I plan to hook up that is In my living room now hooked up to my Yamaha AV Receiver that has never sounded "right" to me. So I plan to try things out and find what sounds best. I also have some B&W's around here that I will want to hook up & listen to.
    Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:38 pm

Enjoy indeed. After building my ST-70 decided to restore my Dad's Heathkit W5M and PA2 preamp from the mid '50's. Went through it all, replaced caps, diodes and NOS tubes. Fun project. This is driving a Jensen Imperial Reproducer. Old school Mono but love listening to local jazz FM on it.

Tubes4ever likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:26 pm