The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Thanks Bob & Roy!

kaner
    kaner

Thanks Bob & Roy! Empty Thanks Bob & Roy!

Post by kaner Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:53 am

Three months ago I didn't know the difference between a capacitor and a resistor. I got this bug that I would like a tube amp (my dad built one when I was a kid). I started to look into building my own and wandered onto the VTA web page. I started reading about electronics, bought a soldering iron and a Radio Shack $20 amp kit and started learning. After winning a bid for an old ST70 chassis I took the plunge.

After a nervous flip of the switch and going through Bob's start up instructions I was up and running. Right now it's hooked up to a $5.00 Goodwill CD player and some old JBL speakers that I didn't have the heart to throw away. Unbelievable sound!! Can't wait to put it into my system in the living room.

Thanks to all of you. I have read and learned a great deal from these pages.

Anyone with patience and a willingness to learn can do this.

http://postimage.org/image/2b1q43ehw/
    kaner
    kaner

Thanks Bob & Roy! Empty Re: Thanks Bob & Roy!

Post by kaner Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:38 pm

By the way. The "preamp" is a Harry Haller passive pre, less than $10 in parts. However I was never much of a hockey fan but I do love baseball!

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/2608-passive-preamp.html
    kaner
    kaner

Post by kaner Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:19 am

My VTA ST70 is now part of my system and I could not be happier. The sound jumps into the room. Even complex tracks are full of detail, never over-running my speakers. All my other audio upgrades have been incremental improvements. Adding my VTA ST70 is a leap to a new level.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:20 pm